Wool, you are:
- Biodegradable and earth friendly – You don’t full up our oceans. Once you are no longer needed you can be composted down and gifted back to the soil from which you came.
- Sustainable resource – Wool you are literally grown off the back of a sheep, alpaca or other woolly animal. That animal can be shorn for its wool time and time again. Which brings me to…
- Ethical – No animals are killed to obtain you.
- Natural – Wool is not manmade in a factory. You are made out of sunshine and grassy paddocks.
- Temperature regulating – Unlike synthetic fibres you breathe and keep the wearer warm or cool depending on the weather.
- Not stinky – Wool you are odour resistant (great for sweaty little feet 😉
- You are flexible and malleable like a cosy hug.
You are also… fire resistant, naturally hypoallergenic, moisture wicking.
The only disadvantage I can think of is that wrong perception some people may have of you that you are scratchy. I suppose 20 years ago you were made into some pretty scratchy sweaters. Those days are past you. The wool industry has evolved. Anyway, Woolly Wombat has no tolerance for itchy scratchy wool. Only the finest puffs of wool clouds are used to make Woolly Wombat felt baby shoes.
So as you can see, I am bursting with love for wool and need to express it. Like any classic lovestruck lover-girl, what better medium to express my feelings for wool than through poetry? Very terrible poetry…
If you came here looking for amazing lyrical poetry on the wonderfulness of wool then you are in for a treat [insert laugh-cry emoji]. My poetry (especially stanza) skills are non-existent. I present them to the world anyway, because if that is not love then what is?
My ode to wool
Wool. Wow you are amazing.
Unlike cotton, you do not grow on trees.
You are made from sunshine, grass and rainclouds.
Similar to nectar, made by bees.
This means you are a renewable resource.
Some would otherwise say:
You’re earth friendly and sustainable,
Made to last more than a day.
Soft to touch,
A delight to wear.
I can’t believe you are made from animal hair.
You are perfect company in winter,
And welcome on a summer’s night.
You are naturally temperature regulating.
And a friend when the mercury bites.
Corriedale and Merino.
Ewe and ram.
You come in a kaleidoscope of natural colours.
I think they all look so glam.
You are a natural fibre not even science can replicate.
Biodegradable and breathable.
Nothing comes close, to date.
You are the love of my life.
You are the apple of my eye.
I want to show you off to the world.
Wool ewe are my guy.
I love you WOOL!
xx Woolly Wombat